Saturday, July 12, 2008

Choices?




When i took up Arts after my SSC, I wanted to major in psychology and then go on to attempt the UPSC exams to be an IPS officer. By the time i reached degree college, I abandoned the idea of psychology in favour of political science, with which i was absolutely in love with. Second year, and the UPSC plans go out of the window; i wasn't interested anymore, and anyway, i suspect my initial enthusiasm was a result of too many cop movies and TV series. But a new dilemma by the time i approached the third year : i had begun to really like history.....
My parents, who were kind of mad at me for dropping the UPSC plan and not having any clear(just read any) idea about what i wanted to do after graduation, were not very pleased. After a lot of thinking and asking for advice (useless ones, as it turned out) I finally decided to go for history. And reader, I have not regretted my choice since. I still like politics, btw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its nice to see people who still like social sciences. i used to like them too in school but prefered following the majority and went for engineering. i dont regret it either since i like maths and science too :)