Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cricket woes




When I got a call from the VPM (Student's association of sorts, I'll explain later) saying they wanted me to come over to discuss the box cricket tournament they were hosting on Sunday, I had a sneaking suspicion that it wouldn't be regarding media coverage for the event (I handle Media publicity for VPM)
I'll be blunt - they want all the VPM volunteers and teams to play cricket on Sunday. Reason : They want the event to be all inclusive
My conclusion after reading between the lines : Since they have only one registration for the event....
Now, I'm all for the thing. Only problem is, I've never liked the game. Haven't even followed the over-hyped IPL, preferring to watch the French Open at the time. Of the few cricket matches I have seen, all involved India and Pakistan, and I watched them anticipating drama, rather than due to any love for the game.
Since I have played cricket only NEVER, I was going in to have fun. But that was until I saw several teams actually practising. So.
Now I have to borrow a bat from some friend, learn to bowl from dad AND learn to catch properly. Not that I'm a very girly girl, but please!!!!
match on Sunday. One thing is for sure : I refuse to get eliminated in the first round. Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Vikrant said...

ahoyy.. we had many registrations! lemon!