Wednesday, July 29, 2009

And I now present before you....

Well, the moment I mentioned one in some post, I knew I was dead :P

So, this is a post about my 'bestest' friends - people I have known from school and college. Probably not of interest to those who don't know them, move on to the other posts :)

Alphabetical order (I try to be politically correct)

Maansi - Partner in crime, fellow movie lover, and we believe that we are the best dumb charades team around. Hah.

She (often with Namrata) comes up with half of the crazy plans that we put into action. Is extremely aware (political, economic stuff, AND gossip, so important), appreciates my sarcasm :) Most of the stupid plays and excellent films I have seen are thanks to her, and I firmly believe that I have introduced her to some of the better music around (definitely better than Metallica :P , and no Namrata, nothing can beat the Beatles)

AND - Elephants are NOT purple. This is wrong!!!

Manjusha - We were in the same school for 15 years, but I think we spoke for the first time in college. Unusually patient.
Can make Mona behave. Is excellent with small animals; my father thinks she is sensible (He is the only one to think so) :P I've spent half of my college years covering for her, while she was stirring up trouble somewhere. Is my constant shopping, bird-watching companion.

Mansi B - She's perhaps the only person in our 'clan' who can actually understand what the guy on CNBC is droning on about. Has real

work experience. Hates kids, is currently teaching brats at a school she says should be shut down. Watch out for her, she'll be one of those people you see on tv, commenting on financial...stuff or running a big financial consultancy or or, doing something big at Bombay Stock Exchange :) Does not like posing for pictures.

Monisha - Mona Darling! If there is one person who she is scared of, it is M ;) Mona, to a great extent, taught me to be

objective and non judgemental.
She is the one with whom I discuss everything - tv stars, sitcoms (we watch all the dumb ones), other people, food - everything! Is my ex-class companion, gaddar :P


Namrata - I could write a complete post about Namrata Patel (to be pronounced Pa'tell'). My first memory of her is of a hyperactive 11th std student with her hair braided into 2 pigtails. This alone would have made me do a double-take, as, for the rest of us, one of the high points of starting college was kissing pigtails/plaits goodbye. But let it never be said that Namrata did not do a job thoroughly....the braids were topped with a bandanna. A red bandanna.


You cannot help liking Namrata. She is utterly unique, high on life and a Beatles fan (This is the part where I confess I have never heard a Beatles song. I can almost see her jaw drop) Another thing about Namrata is that she is kind and exceedingly generous - with her time as well as her dabba :)
Dancing Phalanges!!

Sasneha - 'Rabbit' is what I call her. On the 'sensible thinking' scale, she's right up there with Bhambhani. She was the

financial secretary and/or the hospitality head of almost every club and event in
college. Very adept at organizing, calm and very, very good with dates and events, especially Indian History.
And in addition to all this, she is probably the only person who can actually handle Namrata :)


Snehal - Moonface, school buddy, we meet up

once in a while, but always know whats going on in each others boring lives :) Very
perceptive. Usually the mediator, and tries to keep me honest :) Named me 'Soup'! (Unfortunately, no individual picture of her. Send me one Sne.)


Vishal - Ah. Shouldn't even write about him, he hasn't read my blog yet :P Best bud since the last 5 years, he's always

around to calm me down when I am panicking, is amazingly sensible, level headed
and very, very focussed. Of course, my contribution to his mental well being is monumental - he wouldn't have lasted college if it hadn't been for my wise inputs and commentaries on so many, many issues in his life :P


Well, I will conclude my testimonial about these lovely people who, after my parents, have perhaps had the greatest influence on my behaviour - those who know me today think I am slightly er.. quirky/eccentric/crazy/talkative/childish (you must have seen me skipping, nodding my head to imaginary music or sticking out my tongue when I am bored) - now you know why.

5 comments:

manjusha said...

awww....soup thank ya.....but m gonna kill ya fer putting up that pic of mine...;)
love ya..!! keep writing...!!

snehal said...

souppppppppp....thts sooo cute.....thanku thanku...me sending a pic!!!:D good i get 2 choose..;)im sure u'd have picked a horrible one.....
:D

Supriya said...

I'm sure there are going to be more complaints about the pics...lol! I love M ka pic, i don't even know y she is complaining!

Maansi said...

:)
btw even my pic cld have been better!!

Penny Lane said...

:-) :-)Cheers!!!