Tuesday, September 15, 2009

If wishes were horses...


If ever in your life you get the chance to relocate, where would you go? A city that 'never sleeps' or some place near the ocean or mountains?

I would, if i could, run to a place far from the maddening crowd, to live in a wooden cabin with a porch that has a swing, a rocking chair and a lantern.

A warm cabin that would be lost among rolling hills, where sheep and cows would graze peacefully on nearby slopes. Where I could lift my face up to the bright sun and feel the cool air caress me. Every season would march in with fanfare : Summer - glorious, and bright, butterflies and flowers, new life. Monsoons - water dripping from the trees at twilight, thunder, mist descending every evening, rendering everything around obscure. Autumn - Fiery red-orange-yellow leaves twirl down around me, leaving bare trees reaching up to the sky. Winter - Silent, a warm fire and a dog near my chair. Peaceful walks in the woods.

A place where the only sounds I hear are the calls of the birds, crickets' chirps, the hooting of owls, the wind and whispers of trees, the crackle of wood burning at the fireplace. Where an evening means - Plenty of books, dvds, coffee, a blanket and me.

Ah, life :)

6 comments:

Alisha said...

That's what I'd call a short term retreat. i wouldn't last in such a place beyond 2...aah make it 3 days at the max:P

one of my updates was called "if wishes were horses" too btw:P

Supriya said...

Really? Joeincidence! (Friends ;)

And this place would be a part of my retirement plan. Bookstore and a cabin in the woods...can you beat that?! :)

Maansi said...

v have similar retirement plans! he he :) but i wld like some more ppl arnd me. d cabin wld be spooky at night!!

Supriya said...

Do such places exist btw? Or will i have to go back to the 18th century? :D :D

Anonymous said...

ahh thats nice :) but i cant help thinking that i want to have the best of both worlds. i wud luv to have what u mentioned as my weekend home :)

Brewing Coffee said...

:) and when you're here, you want it more. I always wanted a home next to a water body where i could go dip my feet every time i needed some cheering up. also how much fun it would be if we could have our personal library! :) **sigh**