Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Home!


Its 1.30 am and thanks to the nice cup of black coffee i had earlier today, here I am, bright eyed and bushy tailed, updating my poor ignored blog :D

As most of you know, I am in London, studying (At least supposed to be) at SOAS :) Second week here and it feels great - I have met so many interesting people, from such varied backgrounds and seen...actually not much. Yes, will get down to that soon.

SO anyway, this post is another list of sorts, of things I miss -

Family - Chattering with mom or remote claiming competitions/grocery shopping with dad. My ultra cool grandparents.

Friends!!!!

Dumb Charades, Uno :D

Pani Puri! Pav Bhaji!!

Drums classes, the picnics, the very recent and unfortunately short jam sessions. The long chats with everyone there.

Singing aloud, completely off key > Thin walls here, I freak out every time my alarm clock rings, thinking that my other flat mates will wake up as well! So singing is out of the question.

Btw, news - I have almost completely stopped swearing. Just noticed it yesterday.

Dancing to music playing on the computer > No, no one sees this, its me dancing when I get bored at home. Completely insane :) Unfortunately, if I dance in my room here, I will probably crash into my bed or study table, or knock down a lamp

Normal drinking water!!! Hard water here :(

Kurtas > Need I say more on this?

Vt - Colaba -Fort > Call it whatever you want, that is one hell of a place to wander about in. Asiatic Library.

The Dhobhi :D :D :D Seriously. Ironing my own clothes = not fun.

Sunlight!!!! Marathi! Hindi films, songs, Hindustan Times, Mumbai Mirror (I know, I know), my books, Federer pics.

Diwali > the cleaning, sweets, lights, though they do celebrate it here..

So clearly, I do miss Bombay. And my crazy family and friends... See you in a year!

10 comments:

Maansi said...

was smiling thruout while reading ur post. v miss u too... tc

Penny Lane said...

your crazy frineds miss you too sweetie!!!! but we know that whenever we have a crazy incident like-the-museum lady-scoulding-me-to-be-serious-types we know that you're just one expensive ISD call away!!! hee heee heee...

Luv
Pennylane

Ps:How is my fellow-coffee-lover-friend surviving in the land of tea!!!

Supriya said...

Thanks guys :)

Surviving by drinking her very strong and very black coffee, that she desperately needs for her 9 AM lec, which has been specially designed to freeze her to death while she walks to school. I thought early morning lecs were behind me, but noooooooo. (imagine the tone)

Tc you guys :)

Penny Lane said...

:):)

Unknown said...

This place is having a serious lack of updates...


Sup..... wht ya doin yaar,....???

U hv decent amt of followers yaar.....


Vineet

Supriya said...

Hey man! how are you :) ya, serious followers are you and abt 5 other people, including my mother :P No new blog ideas as yet, when it comes to me, i'll put up a note on facebook :)Thanks so much for reading..

Neeti Govila said...

Sopu i just read your Ignored blog... :) I love the picture that you have put up along with IT...


and Ya...Bombay misses you more than you Miss Bombay.. Trust me on this...
:D Muah..

Take care

Neeti Govila said...

Oh i just realised i called you sopu.. instead of soup..! hahaha..
Its kinda cute.. na..
take care..baby :)

Anonymous said...

Wish u good luck for ur course. I am sure u'll have good fun @ London :)

And that pic ... its beautiful. Did u take it?

Supriya said...

Thanks :)

And almost all photographs on here are from the net. I will mention that now onwards