Monday, April 25, 2011

The Dream

I had a dream that I owned a house. My own place. It was a strange place, not that I expect any home of mine to be any different. Cozy.


There seemed to be no front door to this home of mine (Psychologist friends, have a field day with that one). It was small, just a bedroom and a kitchen (even in my dream, my mind is clear about the fact that I have no money).

I had to break into my own house, by the way. I climbed up a fire escape, and ended up in a corridor. To my right was a window, the kind that slides up, and I entered my house through that window, knocked over something that was on a desk under said window. My bed was next to the desk. Plenty of cushions, lots of reds, browns, and greens. Books everywhere, a small table lamp. There is no phone.

Through beaded curtains on the right, and there is a wash basin behind another curtain, and right ahead of me is a well sized kitchen. (Where is the bathroom? Where are all the French windows I always wanted?)

I worry in this house of mine, because of that darned window. What if someone breaks in through it? I look for the front door, but I cannot find it.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

i like elephants too

Mohamed said...

I like the background, whose face is it? :)

hari13m said...

Nice! Tho, widout a fone and a pc, i dnt think u wud survive!

U R ANUSHA said...

Guess that is the blurred line between waht one wants and waht one needs. absorbing but ambiguous.

Karthik said...

a place of your own, where ur subconscious denies you entry... i sense borrowed cement and bricks..

no front door.. hmm.. u sure u arent wearing a straight-jacket in ur dream?

well atleast u pulled through the writer's bloc.. more windows next time ok :)